MAJOR LAURELS FOR CONCHA Y TORO IN DESCORCHADOS WINE GUIDE
Chile’s leading wine guide, Descorchados, has awarded high scores to Concha y Toro’s fine wine portfolio.
The 2018 edition of Descorchados guide awards Concha y Toro with remarkable scores, once again positioning it as one of Chile’s most celebrated winemakers.
It rated the 2014 and 2015 vintages of Don Melchor with an extraordinary 95 points, ranking winemaker Enrique Tirado’s creation as one of the best cabernet sauvignons and one of the best wines from Puente Alto.
As a truly remarkable honor, the guide awards 92 points to the very first vintage of winemaker Marcelo Papa’s Marques de Casa Concha Rosé 2017, naming it the breakout wine of the year. Indeed, Descorchados 2018 rates the entire Marques de Casa Concha line with outstanding scores.
Meanwhile, Terrunyo Carmenere 2016’s score of 95 was enough for the guide to rate it as the best wine from the Peumo region and one of the best Carmeneres in the country. Other grape varieties in winemaker Ignacio Recabarren’s Terrunyo line were also highly praised: Terrunyo Sauvignon Blanc 2017 rated 96 points for the third year running and was named best wine from the Casablanca region, while Terrunyo Cabernet Sauvignon 2015 was awarded a solid 96 points, together with the title of best wine from the Pirque region.
- Don Melchor 2014 95 points Best Cabernet Sauvignons / Best Wines from Puente Alto
- Don Melchor 2015 95 points Best Cabernet Sauvignons / Best Wines from Puente Alto
- Gravas del Maipo 2016 95 points
- Gravas Rojas 2016 93 points Best Wines from Puente Alto
- Terrunyo Sauvignon Blanc 2017 96 points Best Wine from Casablanca
- Terrunyo Cabernet Sauvignon 2015 96 points Best Wine from Pirque
- Terrunyo Carmenere 2016 95 points Best Wine from Peumo / Best Carmeneres in Chile
- Amelia 2016 95 points Best Wines from Casablanca
- Marques de Casa Concha Cabernet Sauvignon 2015 94 points
- Marques de Casa Concha Pinot Noir 2016 93 points Best Wines from Limarí
- Marques de Casa Concha Carmenere 2015 93 points Best Wines from Peumo
- Marques de Casa Concha Pinot Noir Edición Limitada Biobío 2016 93 points
- Marques de Casa Concha Rosé 92 points Breakout Wine of the Year
- Marques de Casa Concha Chardonnay 2016 93 points
- Marques de Casa Concha Chardonnay 2016 Edición Limitada Biobío 92 points
- Marques de Casa Concha País Cinsault 2017 92 points
- Marques de Casa Concha Merlot 2015 91 points
- Marques de Casa Concha Syrah 2015 91 points
- Gran Reserva Serie Riberas Syrah 2016 93 points
- Gran Reserva Serie Riberas Malbec 2016 92 points
- Gran Reserva Serie Riberas Carmenere 2016 92 points Best Wines from Peumo
- Gran Reserva Serie Riberas Sauvignon Blanc 2017 91 points
- Gran Reserva Serie Riberas Cabernet Sauvignon 2016 90 points
- Vigno 2015 94 points Best Wines from Cauquenes